The following is a list of genealogical categories and the presentations falling under each. All presentations in blue text are either freshly written, or updated in 2017. This is an ongoing process. All presentations will be reviewed and updated by the speaker prior to giving a lecture.
- About DNA Projects
- Genetic Genealogy 101
- Maximize the Power of Your DNA Test Results
- Practical DNA for Genealogy
- Resources for the Genetic Genealogy Newbie
- Overview and Comparison of Major DNA Testing Companies
BMD – Births, Marriages and Deaths
- Getting Vital Records in the Era of Privacy Rights
- Historical Overview of the Census in the United States
- Census Substitutes – What Can They Tell Us?
Cemeteries, Burials and Headstones
- A History of Grave Markers – X Marks the Spot
- Paparazzi in the Cemetery – Headstone Photography for the Genealogist
General Genealogy Topics
- Genealogy for the Newbie
German Genealogical Research
- Accessing and Using German Church Records
- German Archives Online
- German Genealogy Overview
- German Migration to Tsarist Russia — Why Did Your German Ancestor Come From Eastern Europe? – 2 hrs.
- Prussia to Russia and Beyond — Mennonite Emigration – 2 hrs.
Immigration and Naturalization
- A History of Naturalization – 1790 to Present
- Ship’s Passenger Lists – The Human Inventory of Immigrants
Irish Genealogical Research
- Irish Genealogy Overview
- Using Irish Church Records
- Using Irish Government Collections
Internet Resources for Genealogy
- Accessible Archival Assets
- Amazon’s Amazing Offerings
- Family Search in the Digital World
- Using Google as Your Research Assistant
- Social Media for the Genealogist
- The Ancestry.com Card Catalog – a Power Tool
- Using Ancestry.com to its Full Potential
Norwegian Genealogical Research
- Resources for finding Norwegian Ancestors
- Norwegian Genealogy Overview
- Using Norwegian Church Records
Probates and Wills
Regional Resources For Genealogical Research
- Conquering a Fear of Brick Walls – Break on Through to the Other Side!
Swedish Genealogical Research
- Resources for Finding Swedish Ancestors
- Swedish Genealogy Overview
- Finding Morfar in Sweden – How Did Grandpa Get Here?
- Using Swedish Church Records